Monday, February 11, 2008

West Ham News Round-UP

It seems that Robert Green has the legend 'England's No.6' stitched into his goalkeeping gloves. However the West Ham No.1 has been quick to declare that the joke is not a dig at the England manager,

"My glove manufacturer was having a laugh on my behalf," said Green.

“(The glovemaker’s) been to games, heard the banter with the crowd and thought it would be funny to have ‘England’s No 6’ on my gloves. I wasn’t having a go at anyone. If it is anyone, it is against myself."


Alan Curbishley has said that Dean Ashton has to be patient after being out of the game for so long but believes he will recover his form and be in contention for an England place once again,

"Deano just has to keep going. We have been easing him in, and it is difficult getting fit in the first team, but there has been no other way.

"He had the injury and it took a year to recover from it. He had another set-back once he got himself going and I think you can see that he has a bit to do."

The games are watched every week and Matthew Upson got himself in there, so it is performances I think, nothing else. First things first, Deano has got to get himself absolutely right and he will know when he is absolutely right.

"Deano has done well to get where he is after a big injury. He's worked ever so hard at it. Sometimes players can be affected by team selection, the way the team is playing, results, scoring goals. We've all got to get on with it."


West Ham and England legend Geoff Hurst has announced his support for the EPL's proposal to play one game abroad every year.

“I come from a club and a background under Ron Greenwood where he very much believed that football was a global game,” he told the BBC.

“In principle, I am not against taking football, and our great teams that are watched all over the world, all over the world for other fans to see live. If they see that as a good idea, then I’m not against it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!