Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Solano to Stay At West Ham

Nobby Solano has revealed that he has been made a contract offer by MLS side Toronto but that we wants to stay in the Premier League. Solano says West Ham have spoken to him about a one year extension to his contract with the club.

“I’m under contract with West Ham,” Solano said. “They have spoken to me regarding a one-year extension. The truth is that I feel lucky to be up there in England, where the football is currently improving.

“That’s not a coincidence if the teams achieve important things in the Champions League, it shows the league has grown.

“It’d be interesting to finish my career there (Toronto). I’ve worked with the coach (ex-Newcastle assistant John Carver) and the assistant and I know them pretty well. But it’s not the right moment.

“I thank them to have thought of me and it makes me feel proud.”

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the guy still has something to contribute to west ham even is this late stage in his career- i hope we can secure his stay for at least another season

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

He seems to be our most creative midfielder this season.

Hopefully next season this will be one of our strongest positions with Dyer and Faubert both in contention as well.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally agree- its hard to make up for not having benayoun in terms of creativity, but solano at least partly addresses that . i just feel we always have a chance when he s out on the pitch, even against the stronger opponents. The issue of creativity is also one reason why i d prefer to see Noble on the pitch more- Mullins is good and he works his socks off, but i think we need players like solano and noble on the pitch at the same time. agreed also on dyer- I think it will make a big differenc eto us having him back. Faubert, I m less sure on, although i guess its harsh to judge him to severely based on his limited appearances to date. What concernes me about his appearances so far is that they haven t convinced me that he can cope with the more physical nature of our league compared to the french league. but perhaps this is something the player can address over teh summer in terms of getting himself physically stronger to cope with the demands of the Premiership.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!