Monday, April 07, 2008

Curbs Scouting Italian Targets

The rumours linking West Ham with various players currently plying their trade in Italy have been bolstered by a flying visit to Italy by Alan Curbishley over the weekend. The West Ham manager took the opportunity of the club not having a Premiership game this weekend to meet up with new technical director Gianluca Nani and watch three Italian games.

"I went out there because obviously we need to have dialogue," explained Curbishley. "The opportunity arose so I saw three games in all in the time I was out there.

"I went out there Friday and came back Sunday morning and was here for training. It's an easy situation to get on with and we're obviously having dialogue all the time - but it's much easier face to face."

"We discussed a lot of things. I got to see players who could be on our shopping list," he added. "I was looking at a couple of games, but the main purpose was to have some dialogue.

"Nani came over last week as well to watch the reserve team game and came to the training ground and met everybody so it's obviously an ongoing situation."

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one- thx for the post

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any clues on which matches he watched? Perhaps that could give insight into who he's targeting...

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

NO - I can't even remember exactly where I picked this story up from -

Goal.com say one game "was a goalless draw between Nani's current employers Brescia and Serie B rivals Bari."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!