Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Court Case for West Ham?

According to The Guardian West Ham are prepared to take Chelsea to court for the services of Steve Clarke. However The Guardian don't go so far as to say what West Ham would actually take Chelsea to court for.

The paper says that Jose Mourinho was the one who told Zola to get Clarke. Unfortunately Chelsea are holding out for £5 million for one of their longest serving employees with only two years left on his contract.

Not for nothing are Chelseas the most hated team in football.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair Keir, you would be having a go at Chelsea if they were trying to take a high profile member of the West Ham backroom staff in that manner.

They should respect his wishes and let him go, by all means, but they are entitled to as much compensation as they feel they want, no matter how much money they have. I hate Chelsea as much as the next man, but take the rose tinted specs off from time to time.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes the whole transfer system look more and more like the slave trade.He is not being developed like an academy player! Pay Chelsea the two years left on his contract and be done. It's not £2.5million per year I bet. Could he alledge constructive dismissal by the way he has been treated post Scolari?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

@ anonymous - I have wondered what I would think if it was West Ham. I feel if West Ham had sidelined someone who had played and then worked for us for twenty years then I would support them leaving.

I've had a look at some Chelsea forums because I have been interested in what Chelsea fans think. My gut reaction to their comments is that Chelsea fans of long standing think the club are being disrespectful to Clarke and the glory hunters are in favour of screwing Clarke and West Ham for as much as they can get.

@ mudlsinger - I read that suggestion about West Ham paying two year's wages in a newspaper this morning I think it came to lees than half a million.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!