Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Curbs Blames Board

Alan Curbishley has released a statement concerning his resignation in which he blames the board for taking decision about the squad without his agreement.

"I started my West Ham United career when I left school in 1974 and have remained a lifelong fan. I have been incredibly proud to manage such a great club and my decision to resign has been very tough.

"The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future."

5 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Si Jewell said...

Fair play to curbs, he left with honour and dignity still intact.
This is a horrible sign to any future managers about the dealings of players and i would be very worried about the prospect of a top man to replace him..

Thank you for your patience and understanding alan, you were given too much a hard time for what you achieved here..

I respect him alot more today..

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.becomeacroatiafan.com/news/item.asp?n=62940

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Like Curbs, I've been a lifelong hammer myself, and I am shocked at the direction the club seems to be taking... My childhood ideals of how west ham go about their football, and the loyaly of player/managers, and board, to us the fans, and to each other are all fading fast, in to worries of seeing my beloved West Ham turning into an icelandic money spinner of a buisness, With no interest in the love and tradition of the club.
I guess thats why Eggy, Pards, and now Curbs had to go... THEY WERE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL.
Let the boo boys turn on the board.. and let the us the fans see west ham "united" again.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Said Darren, the first game i ever went to was way back in 1964 happy days, west ham fc stand for entertaining football. moore,hurst,peters,brooking,bonds,devo,cottee,mcavennie i could go on! all played the game it was meant to be played of course we did have fantastic managers in greenwood and lyall who understood this as well sadly football is not the same game, money talks and rules the game. i think myself lucky to have sat and watched some wonderful players.
but never mind we did win the world cup,and no amount of money can buy that!!!!
heres hoping for better times ahead
West Ham till i die
bob

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If We want the board to sit up and listen,We have to hit Them where it hurts,Lets boycott Home games to show what The Hammers mean to us.If We lie down and let them get away with this now,We might have well just left Brown at the helm taking the pi## and pocketing the money.Good Luck to Curbs I hope if he gets a managerial job in football,He doesnt get it in the back again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!