Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Zola Welcomes Savio

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola has been singing the praises of the club's new record signing, Savi Nsereko (the N in the surname is silent apparently).

"The reason we signed Savio is that we see in him the potential that belongs to very good, special players. That's the reason we bought him and we're looking forward to working with him and making him a better player.

We have expectations of him but we don't forget that the boy is 19 years old and has come here for the future. We're going to try to improve him to make him a better player."

Nsereko himself says he believes Zola can help him improve as a player,

"I am very happy to be here and am proud to have the possibility of playing for a club like West Ham. I was happy (to move to England) because West Ham is a big club and a big story so I was very excited. I know a lot about the manager. I saw him play and he was a great player and I think he is also a great manager and can improve me a lot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!