Sunday, March 29, 2009

West Ham in the Sunday Papers

The Sunday Mirror say that West Ham's refusal to negotiate with eighteen Sheffield United ambulance chasers means that the case will now go to a tribunal, and Lord Griffiths, the High Court judge who chaired the original inquiry that found in the Blades' favour back in September, may again be called in to arbitrate given his intimate knowledge of the case.

The Sunday Mirror also say that West Ham United teenager Robert Hall continues to impress. Just 15 years of age, the England U16 striker Hall struck twice for the Hammers' U18s in their 3-0 victory over MK Dons last week. West Ham also had Colombian-born midfielder Cristian Montano and Spaniard Sergio Sanchez featuring.


Injured West Ham player Valon Behrami says he will return from injury a better player.

"I know with this support I can do my rehab work even better," Behrami told the club's official website. "It is always a pleasure to see and hear the West Ham fans.

They have been fantastic to me since I arrived and I want them to know I want to come back stronger and give my all for the team when I can. I feel this is my home now. I like the mentality here, the club and the people. I won't rush anything as I want to come back stronger and give much more to the team again.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!