Monday, April 27, 2009

Manager on Monday

Gianfranco Zola has been talking about his desire to compete for the Premier League title,

"We want to be, in a few years time, competing with the top four, the top five. That is the project and we have started this year. It is just the beginning. We have a lot of enthusiasm and we trust what we are doing. We will see what happens.

"One thing is for sure, it is a good thing not only on the pitch but off the pitch. I work very well with Scott Duxbury and Gianluca Nani and we are going to try everything to be successful.

"I like what I am doing so it was easy to sign here for another four years. They have treated me very well and they just look after me and my staff. It was an easy decision."

"The next stage is we will be trying to improve the squad. We know we have to improve the team so we are going to try. Don't be surprised if there will be a few signings and hopefully when they come they will take the level of the team even higher.

"I will be a better manager next season. It is my first season and I am just starting. I am not presumptuous to say I know everything about the game. There are so many things I need to learn and I am very much willing to learn … I am pleased to make mistakes because you get better only through those mistakes.
"

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's got a superb attitude- confidence with an appropriate degree of humility. if the club can find new owners to match Zola's professionalism,then we'll truly be in good shape

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Ian the Hammer said...

Absolutely. Never have I felt this good about what's going on at the club. I feel 7th may just be beyond us this season but still feel we'll be giving it our all. Zola is the true gent & hopefully he will attract the right kind of players for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!