Monday, February 01, 2010

Ilan Transfer Confirmed

West Ham have signed Ilan from St Etienne on a free transfer. The deal is initially until the end of the season with the option for a permanent two-year deal to be put in place at the end of the season.

Ilan said on signing for West Ham,

"I am extremely happy to be here and I hope to play as soon as possible. I look forward to the challenge. It was an easy decision to come here. It is one of the biggest leagues in the world.

"My aim is to the best I can and score goals. I want to start with a bang. I am delighted to be here and I am looking forward to enjoying a long-term relationship with West Ham."

2 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Peter said...

I suppose it's a bit churlish to say it now but we really could have done with someone at right back. Still, if we keep up with the clean sheets we should have enough firepower to keep us up.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Si Jewell said...

Alot of people are giving out about the lack of a RB.. I do agree it needs improving, but faubert has actually impressed me in games recently. There is something to his game that i still find credible and the improvements recently have been hopefull.
To buy a RB in the window probably would lead to someone on a par with him. (is hutton actually that good) Harry was never going to let him come to us anyways..
We would have in the end paid way over the odds for a player who isnt really going to be the player we want.. Im happy with the signings. Very delighted if we think back to 3 months ago when Green, Upson and Parker were on the way out due to financial ruin..
We have power to score goals, where it comes from depends on who steps up to that mold, but i think we have been a solid team the past few months, we have just lacked any guile upfront..
COYI :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!