Saturday, February 26, 2011

Faubert Wants to Quit West Ham

A clearly angry Julien Faubert has told The Mirror that he plans to leave West Ham in the summer,

"My story with West Ham is at an end. I worked flat out for them, even when my mother died, and I have never created any problems.

"If they told me I'm not playing because I am no good I would understand, but that is not the case. I am in good shape and just want to play, but I don't expect anything more here.

My future lies elsewhere and I hope they will not try to prevent me leaving.

"At the time of the Birmingham game, my newly-born son was ill and in hospital. I spent the Friday and Saturday with him and could not go to training.

"My bosses knew the situation. On the eve of the match they told me I was in the reserve squad, but when I turned up on the Sunday the assistant manager told me the first team needed me as a player was injured.

"So I jumped in my car, rushed home and then on to Upton Park - but when I got there surprise, surprise - nobody was injured and I was not in the squad.

"I left the ground, as players do in these situations, and went to see my son as he had suffered a relapse. The hospital was an hour's drive away.

"On my way I got a phone call saying that a lad (James Tomkins) had got injured five minutes before the kick-off, and that I had to come back to replace him - but that was impossible.

"Afterwards the bosses said I had not wanted to return, and that I lacked respect for them. They made me out to be a mercenary.

"West Ham were simply looking for excuses after their defeat against Birmingham. This chapter is now closed - but so is mine at the club."

6 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a player who should have been sold, or sent out on loan in January. He has contributed virtually nothing ,and his inability to deliver decent balls into the box as cost us. The guy has been poor at right back,which is why we needed to bring Jacobsen in.

Having said that,if what he claims is true,it speaks very poorly of Grant's man management skills.

We're bottom of th league at the moment for good reasons: because of players like Faubert ,and a manager like Grant,and the poor communication that seems to exist between Grant and some of the players.

It's too late now,but regardless of what division we play in next season,we need a manager from the UK,who understands the culture here,speaks proper English,and most importantly,can communicate clearly and forthrightly with his players.

That Scott Parker was the person who was required to turn things around at halftime against WBA tells you how out of his depth Grant is.

I don't care how many injuries we have had. With i players like Green,Noble,Parker,Piquionne and Obinna when they're not busy getting sent off, and now Bridge,Ba,Hitzlsperger,O'Neill and,when he returns,Keane,we should NEVER have been in the psoition we are.

We are where we are partly due to some key players underperforming like Cole,Upson and Faubert,but also due to a manager who didn't clear out the deadwood in either transfer window ,and who spent money on the very inexperiencd Barrera and Reid,rather than an experienced centerback to partner Upson. Did Grant, and for that matter,the owners not get it? Evidently not-evidently they did not grasp the concept that since James Collins was sold,we have nose-dived.

Faubert has been an expensive disappointment-but some of his complaints here do sound reasonable ,and show that managerial staff have been as disappointing as the players.

An absolute disgrace,for which there are no excuses. And all the more gutting because of how UNNECESSARY it was. There is more talent in this West Ham squad,injuries or not, than in WBA,Wigan,Wolves,Blackpool,Blackburn, Fulham,yet West Ham as a club has time after time after time found ways to fail this season. Add Birmingham to the list of teams who we have more talent than.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous USA Dave said...

Absolutely spot on, 6:46. No need to add to it.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes i agree with the above comments,& if we go down cant see us coming straight back up.

Steve H Spain.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you 6.46?? for christ sake get down to the ground and have a word will yer!!!
spot on comments!
saying what all of us have been thinking all season.
bob the Hammer

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

faubert is useless il b glad to get rid of him. he cant defend or attack paid 6 million for him and we'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 million when we sell him. but like all the other player egg head signed hes prob on decent wages so its best that he leaves along with dyer whos bleeding the club dry

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6.46 is Martin O Neill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!