Thursday, June 02, 2011

Allardyce on Buying and Selling Players

TalkSport has interviewed Sam Allardyce about his new job with West Ham.

Here are Sam's thoughts on selling and buying players:


Will players be sold?

"That's probably going to be the case, for financial reasons. There's a dramatic loss of revenue, even with good parachute payments. It's still a massive loss and you have to adjust like every club has to adjust when they've fallen out of the Premier League.

But for me, whatever happens with some of the good players there'll still be the basis of a very good squad and there's some very good young players at West Ham to enable us to rebuild very quickly."


Who has the final say over new signings?

It's me and David Sullivan. He's very knowledgeable in the football world and has done (this) for a number of years at Birmingham. My discussions and recommendations go to him and we'll try our best to secure the player.

But I'll have the final say, it's not a football club I think that drops a player on your door that you don't know about, I don't think that's going to be the case at all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!