Saturday, July 23, 2011

Matt Taylor Signs for West Ham

West Ham have officially confirmed the signing of Matt Taylor from Bolton for an undisclosed fee.

The left-sided midfielder is Sam Allardyce's third signing after Abdoulaye Faye and Kevin Nolan.

Matt Taylor said, on signing for West Ham,

"I have had good conversations with the gaffer, he is such a positive person. I think you can see already the aura around the place and the quality of players he has brought in to add to the players already here.

"From a totally impartial point of view, I couldn't see anything other than that I was coming to a great football club and wanted to be part of it.

"As I said, ultimately it is a huge football club and I want to play my part if I can. There were never any second thoughts about coming here. It is a big challenge for me which I am looking forward to, to be part of helping the team get back up to the Premier League and do that as soon as possible.

"I see this as a very positive move for me. I don't expect to be playing Championship football for more than one season if I am being totally honest. I just want to get stuck in and start playing. I think it is going to be a great season."

5 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Paul said...

I'm very pleased with this. It's great to see us sign a natural left-sided player with some experience (without being too old) and he can defend and attack.

He says the right things and shows the right attitude in the interview, as you'd expect. I think he'll do well for us.

I'm still a bit concerned about the lack of signings, particularly strikers, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The signings of Nolan and Taylor show what we have been missing for years. A credible manager who players want to work with.

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeepers! how did west ham get these guys? overpaid?

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not overpaid ! Just got a manager that can convince players that we are a good club and sells the future as well as the 'now'. really looking forward to some more signings and the new season. COYI

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just shows what a proper manager can attract. very good signing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!