Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bellamy Finally Signs


West Ham have announced that Craig Bellamy has signed to the club for a fee of £7.5 million. Bellamy's fee breaks West Ham's previous transfer record of £7.25m for Dean Ashton. On signing for West Ham Bellamy revealed it was the ambition of the club that helped him to settle on West Ham,

"I'm delighted to be here. It's taken a little bit longer than I would have liked but the main thing is that it is done now and I can look forward to the challenge ahead.

"I knew around two weeks ago that there was an opportunity for me to head away from Liverpool, but I had to make sure that any move was the right one for me and not just an off the cuff reaction. I had a lot to weigh up, and in the end I decided that West Ham United was the best move for me, and that's why I'm sitting here now.

"I wanted to make sure that, if I left Liverpool, it would be to a club that is going to be pushing for Europe. I want to play in Europe, it's important to me, and I felt that same drive and ambition here at West Ham.

"Obviously it would be naïve of me to say that we are going to qualify for the Champions League next season, but that's one thing we are really going to be pushing for here in the future.

"The club is looking to strengthen what is already a very good squad, and West Ham are renowned for their open and attacking football, so everything is perfect for me."

1 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Si Jewell said...

gonna be hard to learn to love him, but i guess he's a hammer now and we will have to put up with his moaning onpitch :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!