Monday, September 03, 2007

Matty to Fight for His Place

Matthew Etherington prepares to take a corner
Matthew Etherington has rightly kept Boa Morte out of the starting line up since coming off the bench against City and the on form winger is determined to keep his place in the West Ham team. With Ljungberg to return from injury and with the arrival of Solano Matty is aware of the competition for places,

"There is a lot of competition for places here at the moment and the manager brought in a lot of good quality over the summer so we all have to work that much harder to win our place in the team," said Etherington.

"I got my head down over pre-season and worked hard, came off the bench against Manchester City and got my place in the team and now I just need to make sure I keep it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!