Tuesday, September 25, 2007

West Ham - Newspaper Round-Up

The Daily Mirror interview Kieron Dyer, who is expected to be out injured for six months. Dyer thanked West Ham fans for the support he has received and insisted he expects to be back playing for West Ham and England,

"They don't give exact time scales with this type of injury because some people heal a lot quicker than others. The doctors were delighted with the way my surgery went.

Djibril (Cisse) had precisely the same injury as me. He has obviously come back and made a full recovery. I plan to do exactly the same and be back playing for West Ham and England."

The Daily Telegraph quotes Dean Ashton's desire to break back into the England squad,

"Above all, I want my team to do well and I'd like to think that my progression will help us climb the table.

I just have to play well for West Ham and it's down to Steve McClaren who he picks and I would be delighted if I was one of the players chosen for next month's Euro 2008 qualifiers. I wouldn't be playing if I wasn't ready for an England call-up. I have been ready for a long time."

The Daily Mail link West Ham with a supposedly unhappy Andy Johnson. Johnson is reportedly homesick for London and would welcome a move back to the capital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!