Sunday, January 20, 2008

West Ham in the Sundays

The News of the World report that West Ham target Nicky Shorey is set to sign a new lucrative contract with Reading next week. They also claim that West Ham United and Derby County are taking a serious look at Ipswich midfielder Danny Haynes. Haynes, 20, has scored four goals from seven starts this term.

The Mirror believe Marko Pantelic's agent when he says West Ham are interested in him. They repeat his agent's claim that West Ham and Fulham are poised to battle it out to sign the Hertha Berlin striker.

The People say Matthew Upson is taking a leaf out of Tiger Woods and Lewis Hamilton's book in his bid to regain his England spot. The West Ham defender has employed a psychologist to get the best out of himself - with the goal of adding to his seven caps.

"For the past 18 months, I have been speaking to someone about my performances, either in person or on the telephone. We analyse my behaviour and my training," said Upson. "I believe it is starting to pay off."

Upson, 28, wants new England boss Fabio Capello to know that he believes he is ready for an international recall.

He said: Every time I step out on the pitch I want to show I am ready to play for England. It is something I want to achieve.

That is the pinnacle of your career and I am very hungry to do it again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!