Monday, March 03, 2008

Teddy's Retirement

The Mail have an interesting story today entitled What happened in the world the year Teddy Sheringham scored his first professional goal for Millwall?

In football Liverpool won the league, Southampton were runners-up and Chelsea and Newcastle were in Division Two. Liverpool also won the European Cup by beating Roma on penalties in Rome (Bruce Grobbelaar's famous "wobbly knees" display).

West Ham finished ninth in the first division that season on 60 points (three points behind Arsenal).

The number ones in the music chart were:

Relax (Frankie Goes to Hollywood), 99 Red Balloons (Nena), Hello (Lionel Richie), The Reflex (Duran Duran), Wake me up before you go-go (Wham!), Two Tribes (Frankie Goes to Hollywood), Careless Whisper (George Michael), I just called to say I love you (Stevie Wonder), Freedom (Wham!), I feel for you (Chaka Khan), I should have known better (Jim Diamond), The Power of Love (Frankie Goes to Hollywood), Do they know it's Christmas? (Band Aid)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!