Saturday, March 01, 2008

Upson - "This is My Best Season"

Matthew Upson has played every minute of West Ham's Premier League campaign and was picked for and played in Capello's first England team. If you think that sounds like a good season then Upson would agree with you,

"This is my best season so far", the West Ham defender says. "I'm a completely different player, on another level to the one from three or four years ago. I'm going into games not questioning anything. I know I've done the work. My belief levels are high.

"I just feel now that I can fulfil my potential. I feel I can piece things together and become the player I always felt I could be but didn't quite know how to achieve it."

You can read more about Upson's resurrection as a player in this excellent Daily Telegraph interview.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he s been outstanding,which is great to see after the difficult start he had here with fitness. his attitude has been superb ,and even capello has had to acknowledge that. he also seems to have helped bring out ferdinand s best this season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!