Friday, July 04, 2008

West Ham Confirm Signing of Eyjolfsson

West Ham have confirmed the signing of 17 year old Icelandic central defender Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson.

Eyjolfsson spoke to the official West Ham website today,

"I am really happy to sign for West Ham. I have heard of many good players that have come from the club's academy. When I was on trial in February I really enjoyed the tempo and style of training and it helped me take my talent to the next level.

"It is obviously very scary to move away from my family but it is my dream to play in England and what I have always wanted to do so that outweighs any apprehension I had about moving here.

"Playing for the [Iceland] Under-21s has been the best experience for me and I am so grateful to the coach for giving me that opportunity as it has helped me develop my game so much quicker. I am sure that is part of the reason West Ham signed me."

Eyjolfsson has signed for West Ham on a 'long-term contract' from HK Kopavogur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!