Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Posts Today

There are no West Ham posts today because I've been busy all day at a Google conference at Wembley Stadium.

I was hoping to shoot some video, particularly of the pitch and the Bobby Moore statue, but so far I've been thwarted by some over zealous security guards. After checking a number of locked doors I managed to finally find a door that wasn't locked and gave me access to the stands overlooking the pitch. Unfortunately as soon as I got my camera out I was pounced on by two security guards.

A different guard wouldn't let me out to video the Bobby Moore statue, despite my pleading that he was my boyhood hero etc. etc. So I went outside and up the ramped walkways and got up to the statue that way. Only for the self same guard to spot me and come running out to thwart me in my tracks again.

Oh well, at least I've been able to sit in the Bobby Moore room all day.

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a pointless day also. 40 football afficianados could not name shirt sponsors of all preier teams. Interesting theory developed though allying crashing sponsors with the decline of western civilisation. EG XL, AIG and Mansion (just because Sp**s are cr*p).

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger BigPirate said...

Why have the statue if you are not allowed to get close enough to see it?

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

I presume they do this for all conferences at Wembley. Basically they don't let you near the pitch, changing rooms or the seats. At the same time they are running paid tours of the stadium all day.

So if you want the Wembley experience you have to come back and fork out for the official tour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!