Monday, November 24, 2008

Zola Praise for the Defence

Gianfranco Zola has singled out the West Ham defence for praise after yesterday's success,

"The centre-halves were outstanding. We knew we were going to have problems because they have Jones who is very good with his head and Cisse as well. We knew they were very good playing off each other so it was vital that we defended properly. I don't think they lost one challenge. They were absolutely perfect but the whole team supported them.

"I told Matthew that if I had to give a vote to him from one to ten I couldn't do it because I would have given him eleven! He didn't lose one challenge but also he was aware, he didn't stop talking, commanding the defence. He was perfect. That is Matthew Upson and he deserves to play in the national team."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!