Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Dyer Back for West Ham

Kieron Dyer insists he has returned to full fitness. Dyer had a few minutes of playing time in West Ham's 1-1 draw at Blackburn and played in a behind doors friendly against Chelsea.

"The friendly game against Chelsea in particular was very pleasing, because I played 60 minutes and didn't feel any problems afterwards. I had no aches or pains at all, which was a great sign for me," Dyer says on the West Ham official website.

"Before, after games, I would be throwing ice on my shins because they would be throbbing, but now for the first time, that didn't happen and it feels good.

"When I came back earlier in the year (against Barnsley in the FA Cup) I could hardly move for the next couple of days, but I didn't get that this time around.

"I feel so much better now. In the Chelsea game I did a lot of running and it's the fittest I have felt for a long time. It showed my legs are, finally after what has been a very long lay-off, getting used to the workload again.
"

"These things happen in football and I honestly believe I can bring some more pace to the side. If I can get a few more run-outs before the end of the season, then next season will hopefully be the one were everyone will see the real me."

2 Comments:

At 3:05 AM, Blogger Si Jewell said...

thats great news if we can get him playing for the remainder as we badly need a creative force in the midfield.

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

agree- or even as a striker ,with cole out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!