Thursday, July 02, 2009

Ashton to Stoke Back On?

The Daily Mail have chosen to ignore Scot Duxbury's comment last week denying that Dean Ashton was being sold to Stoke. Duxbury said to KUMB,

"No. I'm not selling him (Ashton) to Stoke and Dean Ashton is not £10million in any way. I want Dean Ashton here, I want him fit, I want him playing and it'll be nice to see him. So he is not being sold."

That really couldn't be any more clear. Stoke Chairman Peter Coates has also gone on record that the club have made no formal approach for Ashton.

However today's Daily Mail claim that the deal is back on, "after both sides moved to reach a compromise over the England striker’s personal terms." So the Daily Mail have chosen not to believe Duxbury, they also think that West Ham can somehow come to a compromise on how much a player (Ashton) should be willing to be paid by another club (weird).

The Mail claim that Stoke couldn't match Aston's £65,000-a-week contract at West Ham but have now come up with a better offer.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous dolfo said...

I heard from a good source that if we get the right offer for Ashton, he will be sold and we will bring in Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink on a free from Glasgow Celtic.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous rapidhammer said...

I want Dean Ashton here, I want him fit, I want him playing and it'll be nice to see him. - I completely agree with Scott D in this matter, but if West Ham loses faith in Deano's ability to get back to full match fitness asap they will be tempted to sell him - but on which transfer sum (as he's rated injury prone)??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!