Sunday, May 16, 2010

West Ham in the Sunday Papers

The Daily Mail claim that West Ham are determined to offload Robert Green to reduce the club's wage bill. They say that German club Schalke 04 have already expressed interest in the £6m rated Green. They also claim that West Ham have made a £1m offer for Crystal Palace's Argentine goalkeeper Julian Speroni as Green's replacement.


Scott Parker says he wants to stay at West Ham but only if the club can establish some kind of stability. Parker seems to be suggesting that the previous owners destabilised the club by selling off key players. I wonder how he might therefore react if the West Ham owners do sell off key players such as Green and Cole.

I want to stay here, but that is out of my hands," Parker told The People.

"I have had a great season and the fans really appreciate me, but at the same time I want to see the club going in the right way. I certainly don't want to be involved in another season like this. I think stability is the key factor and the club needs massive investment.

"Hopefully the new owners will do what they have to do, strengthen the squad and we can move forward. It is encouraging that they want to bring in so many new players and hopefully they can do that."


The Daily Star say that Avram Grant will be named West Ham manager this week.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What goes around comes around. Hope they hold him fully responsible when 'the bid' goes tits-up.

no6

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!