Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Demba Ba and Other Rumours

Many of the newspapers today report that Newcastle's Andy Carroll will miss tomorrow's game against West Ham.

The Telegraph report that West Ham have made a £6 million offer for Senegal striker Demba Ba (The Sun say £5 million).

The Telegraph also say that Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell has undergone a medical at West Ham but it is understood that two other Premier League clubs are also interested in him.

The Sun claim Benni McCarthy is looking to move to America and the MLS.

The Mirror say West Ham are leading the chase for Middlesbrough's Tuncay.

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Paul said...

Oh the joys of the transfer window! Masses of press-fuelled speculation that destabilises clubs and distracts from the football. Although I realise that it can be a lifeline for clubs in trouble, like us in this and previous seasons.

That's not a dig at you Keir, one of the things I like about your blog is that you summarise the speculation so I don't have to wade through the papers :)

Lets just say I've got mixed feelings about the transfer window, although I think, overall, the league would be better off without it.

Great news about Carroll. I think a point would be a decent result up there, but we've got a good chance of 3.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...stokes tuncay

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just heard Tevez,Messi and Villa all want to come to West Ham mind you this could be part of the same dream i had which involved me, Kylie and a jucuzzi!!
Thats just Kylie not the other 3
so dont quote me on this!!!
Transfer Window what a Joke!
COYI 3 Points tonight please!!
Bob The Hammer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!