Saturday, May 07, 2011

It's Make or Break Time

A win today and we still have a chance of staying up, lose and we are as good as down.

I haven't bothered looking at Lawro's predictions for a while but he actually has us down for a 2-1 win today. His prediction actually looks a bit perverse, as he praises Blackburn's performance last week and more or less writes off West Ham as a football team.

Blackburn's win last week was their first since January, so on paper this looks like West Ham's easiest game for a while. However for West Ham too much rests on the fitness of Scott Parker.

It really is a sad predicament that so much rests on one player. If Parker plays I think we are odds on today, if Parker is unavailable I think it is 50/50. It is time for the rest of the West Ham team (and yes we are looking at you Matthew Upson) to man up and take some pride in the shirts on their backs.

This really is make or break time. If we go behind today Avram has to finally go for broke and get the team to go all out in attack. I wish I believed he had it in him to spur the team on against all odds.

On a more positive note Blackburn are the only Premier League team yet to come from behind to win this season. It therefore looks like the first goal is all important today. I find it hard to believe that either Blackburn or West Ham will be able to get three points if they concede first. So West Ham really have to come out of the blocks running today .

Come on you Irons!

(and yes @anonymous I know I'm an effing bunt and that it is my fault we sold Zamora).

5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is entirely your fault is your absolutely MORONIC defence of the of Zamora. At the time you paraded yourself around like the Marquis de Sade, pleased as punch that we had sold him. And who have we had since? The illustrious Di Michele ,Ilan.Tristan and other inept puppets. You got it wrong. So fpr once, just ADMIT it. Instead of just carrying on like on another idiot,Inane Dickdale.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your're an effing rick because you condemned us to relegation before we'd even kicke doff against Man City,no less Blackburn. Whilst we have been only three points from safety we have never been "doomed." Whether we go down now or not i snot the point. The point is that with 9 points to play for, ,six of those at home,there was no reason to be negative. But rearwipes in both print and internet media have been acting like we were 8 points from safety ,as opposed to three.

Hold you're negative tongue until AFTER the Blackburn game and AFTER Wolves/WBA.

You don't like it? SHOVE IT

07768 899606 . Act like an effing rick and I'll treat you like one.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladies, a bit of decorum please

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lot of flirting here isnt there?

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

@anonymous - after years of you baiting me on this I've finally bothered to go back and check what I actually said.

Here it is in full,

"West Ham have sold Bobby Zamora and John Pantsil to Fulham for £6.3 million, a deal that could rise by a further £1m depending on appearances. Zamora has signed a four year deal with the west London club, whilst Pantsil has signed for three.

West Ham fan Zamora joined the Irons in January 2004. His winning goal in the 2005 play-off final and his obvious passion for the club made Zamora a firm favourite with the fans.

Judging by the comments on this site and on other West Ham fan sites it seems that many fans think that £6.3 million represents good business for West Ham."



I admit that was a bit mealy mouthed of me. I didn't actually say that I thought the club were right to sell Zamora - but I guess it looks like I thought at the time that £6 million was a reasonable price.

Obviously I was wrong and Zamora is worth far more than £6 million and obviously should never have been sold.

Now can you pleeeease get over it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!