Thursday, July 24, 2008

Behrami on West Ham Move

Behrami has been speaking about his move to West Ham and says he remembers the West Ham fans from last season's pre-season friendly between the club and Lazio,

"At Lazio, the supporters are very passionate and let you know what they think, good and bad. But I remember there being so many supporters from West Ham at the match last year who came to see the team. They seemed very passionate too.

"I am very much looking forward to playing in front of them at the stadium this season as I am told the atmosphere is very good."

"I know that there are very good players here, like Craig Bellamy and Dean Ashton and many more who I am looking forward to playing alongside. While most of the players are away on the tour, I will be at the training ground working hard so I can be in the best condition to start work with everyone when they return."

Behrami also said he talked to former Lazio team mate Paolo Di Canio about West Ham and the Premier League,

"I talked to Paolo many times. He talked a lot about West Ham but also about football in this country and in particular the Premier League. So that is why it is a dream come true for me and I am very happy to be here."

West Ham have brilliant prospects for the future and that was one of the very important things for me in making the decision to come here and play. I am an ambitious person who has goals and I want to play for a team who wants to win things and I can see that ambition is here at the club.
"


Dean Ashton has also been talking to the press ahead of tonight's friendly. Asked whether he thought a Premier League AllStars team would be possible Dean Ashton said,

"I think it could be, yes.

"Coming over here I was quite surprised at how big an event it is and all the media surrounding it. So if it's such a big deal over here I can't see why something like that can't be really good over in England.

"It's a great event and we're definitely looking forward to it.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!