Sunday, July 06, 2008

Ferdinand Doesn't Know What's happening

Anton Ferdinand seemed a little confused yesterday when Sky Sports asked him about him being linked with Aston Villa.

"I don't know what is happening. I am happy at West Ham and until I get told I am not a West Ham player I remain a West Ham player," he told Sky Sports News.

"Hopefully that will get resolved soon. I had a little chat with him (Curbishley) this morning, which went well and now we are looking to see where we can go from here."

Well that clears things up then.

Well I guess it does tell us that West Ham are not completely opposed to the idea of selling Anton.

2 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that Curbs wanted Anton out because of his off-field behaviour but despite offering him around is getting no takers. Maybe it is a blow to Anton's ego but it might also make him see sense and his words seem to echo that this is what is actually happening.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree that the underlying message ,from the language of the interview ,suggests that the club cud sell him if the price is right. It seems that the player accepts that there is a real possibility he cud be on his way ,and is trying to carry on as professionally as possible until it gets sorted out.

i have mixed feelings about the whole thing,but as with neill, I think if the price is right ,it makes sense to move him on, as we have many other options in that position. It s sad to want to see an Academy player go,but I can t trust that the guy has learned his lesson after escaping a court conviction. i d like to think that he s matured after his long list of off the pitch gaffes,but I don t trust that . Cynic that I am,I m more in the leopards don t change their spots camp.

the club needs to make some serious changes in personnel if it is to progress,and this cud be one of them,despite the player in question having some obvious talent. Talent alone isn t enuf- the attitude also has to be rite.

g portugal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!