Monday, November 24, 2008

Cole Signs New Five Year Deal

Carlton Cole has signed a new five year contract with West Ham.

Carlton Cole said today,

"I am very pleased to sign. It is nice that I can just focus on playing good football for the club. I know now I am here for quite a while so it is time to knuckle down. The manager has 100 per cent faith in me and I have got 100 per cent faith in him and our team as well."

Now for the bad news: West Ham legend Nigel Quashie has agreed a month extension to his loan with Birmingham City. Those West Ham fans who were hoping to see Nigel add to his eight appearances for West Ham will now have to wait at least another month before they can see their hero in Claret & Blue. I'm beginning to suspect we may never see 'Nige' back at The Boleyn again :(

2 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Si Jewell said...

5 years?! i hardly think he has ever warrented even an extension to his current contract. or am i alone in thinking he is pretty useless?

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you are not alone ! its a shocker ! aslong as he is not our first choice striker, but a sub/ no 2 he would be ok !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!