Thursday, April 16, 2009

Collins on Tomkins

West Ham have been invited to participate in the Asia Trophy this summer in Beijing. Chelsea and Hull have also been asked to take part.

However KUMB report that West Ham's participation is dependent on whether the club qualify for Europe or not. If West Ham qualify for the Europa Cup they will be playing in the third qualifying round in the same week as the Asian Trophy is set to be contested.


Defender James Collins says that if it wasn't for Spector's injury James Tomkins would have kept him out of the West Ham first team.

"I've been here for four years and as soon as I came in, everyone was talking about Tomka and when I've been out he's been fantastic.

If Specs (Jonathan Spector) had been available at Spurs I'd have been on the bench as he's performed so well. Unfortunately for Jon, he's got injured but it's given me a chance to get back into the team. Tomka is a fantastic player and he's got a really bright future in front of him.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!