Friday, February 19, 2010

Gold Offers Pompey £10 Million

West Ham chairman David Gold has offered to loan Portsmouth £10 million to help stop them go out of business.

"West Ham have taken four points off Pompey this season and were they to go out of business we'd be in the bottom three," said Gold.


The Sun asked Matthew Upson if he was considering his future at West Ham. Upson replired 'not really', which the media have responded to by suggesting he is refusing to commit his long term future to West Ham.

When asked if he was considering his future at West Ham next season, Upson replied,

"Not really.

I've got a World Cup I'm focused on. My club form will dictate how successful I am in terms of going to that.

I've a lot of responsibility and I'm glad of that. I want more and us to do well."

5 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if he'd spent the spare 10 million on players instead, we wouldn't be in danger of ending in the bottom 3?

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a loan, can't you read.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a loan he would never get back!

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Brian N said...

id rather spend 10 million and not get relegated than not spend 10 million and get relegated

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, which do you think he's more likely to get the money back on? - investment in players who could be sold on at some point, or a loan to a catastrophic outfit like Pompey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!