Saturday, April 03, 2010

Zola Defends Fulham

West Ham's official complaint against Fulham fielding a weakened side against Hull seems to have been derided by almost everyone. Now West Ham's manager Gianfranco Zola has indicated that the complaint was a huge mistake by the owners.

"I didn't know it was happening. As far as I'm concerned a manager can play his best team.

"I've no doubts Roy Hodgson is doing his best for his team. He's a person I respect and I have no complaints. He decided to do that and I'm sure he did the right thing for his club. Plus, I read the reports and I think Fulham were on top, so it's no problem.

"I want to be successful on the pitch and that is my only concern. I like to get my points on the pitch by playing and beating the opposition."

Zola's response further demonstrates the gulf between the management team and the current owners. Whether West Ham avoid relegation or not this season it is certainly looking like West Ham will have a new manager next season.

5 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Anonymous TBI said...

Zola knows he is out the door so probably doesn't give a shit anymore.

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Matt G said...

I want zola out as much as the next guy, but the board are not helping matters here....a club should be together. They seem to forget consulting zola and just do what they want. if we go down it because the board, the management and the players are all doing different things.... unfortunately it only on persons/groups fault - The board!!
They have alienated the players and the management, no wonder they cannot play well.... why would you want to work/play for a club thats not paying certain rights, going to cut your pay in the summer or get rid of you, and just bring the moral down. I have never seen owners slate the team they do, or take as much limelight as they do. They do not love the club they love being in the media.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've said before, it's all part of the owners plan. Destabalise, get relegated, with Brady Bunch mentality you can then get rid of all the high earners including the manager in the Championship, use parachute to pay down more debt then what do you know we are Birmingham II. Age of the owners is a clue. Will easily double their money better than any pension plan at the moment

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Ian the Hammer said...

What ever the board are/aren't we were in a heap of trouble long before they came.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Fulham played more regular starters than Hull did -- albeit Hull did because of injuries. I think we'll have a hard time winning this fight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!