Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gold: Green is the England Keeper

The Daily Mail say that West Ham are considering making a move for Bournemouth midfielder Marc Pugh. The paper say that West Ham sent first team coach Kevin Keen to watch Pugh, 23, in Bournemouth's 3-0 win over Exeter on Tuesday.


David Gold has been defending Robert Green following his small rebuke from the FA,

"I have to say I don't think there was any malice in it whatsoever," he said.

"I think he was just saying: 'Didn't I have a good game guys? Look, this is the real Robert Green. I'm back.'

"I think that was what happened and we ought to allow him to have that moment because that's all that it was. If the FA have written to him to explain that then fair enough, that's fine. Let's move on. He didn't kill anyone.

"When that game was over I thought, wow, what a performance. He made some world class saves.

"In my mind, he is the England goalkeeper. He will have a bad day from time to time, goalkeepers do. Robert Green is an international goalkeeper, full stop. I would like to think he'd be back in contention for a place in the squad for the next England match.

"If I was the manager, I would pick him. He is a class act and he has a great character and a strong fibre within him. He's a great professional and I'd like to see him back in the England side on a regular basis."

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot on. If the FA don't like it ,the FA can get stuffed.

And the FA can start doing it's job in terms of developing grass roots football in England and hiring a proper manager, not an absolute moron like Cappello.

And while the FA are at it,they can start doing something about racist behavior at football grounds instead of just paying lip service to the idea but giving it no teeth

Shut up and do your job FA. while you still have one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!