Tuesday, June 14, 2011

West Ham Sign Faye

West Ham have signed 33-year-old centre-back Abdoulaye Faye on a free transfer from Stoke.

The West Ham website says that "Faye is expected to be the first of at least seven players the club hopes to sign this summer."

Faye himself said today,

"I am very happy to be here at West Ham - this is a great club, a big club and I cannot wait to get started here. For me to come here was no problem, I had other clubs offers, but I was happy to come here.

"People may ask why as the team are in the Championship, but I am excited at the challenge to help get the team back to the Premier League, where I think the club belongs. The club also has a great fan base and I am looking forward to playing for them and giving my all on the pitch."

Faye is well know to West Ham manager Sam Allardyce having played for him at both Bolton and Newcastle.

2 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

abit late for signing a defender now where relegated. happy with d signing doh just hope he stays fit for the majority of the aeason

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good signing,especially since no transfer fee involved. He should be much more useful to us than Upson was. This guy has the right attitude ,unlike a number of West Ham players out of contract or on the verge of being sold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!