Friday, October 07, 2011

Ilunga: I Lost the Confidence of the Manager

Local Doncaster newspaper The Star has some interesting quotes today from Ilunga on his three month loan move to Doncaster Rovers.

"It is a chance for me to get my career back on track. The deal is for three months and I hope I can do well and stay all season. I would have signed for the whole season.

"I have to play well during this three months and after that we will see what happens.”

“It was difficult to be there (West Ham) because I lost all confidence from the manager and the players. Maybe the best solution was for me to come here."

In the same report Doncaster's manager Dean Saunders says,

"West Ham (are) letting us have him for a sixth of his wages. He is earning a lot less than the players who are here."


The Telegraph say West Ham are still keen on signing Carlos Tevez on loan but the club say their chances of succeeding are around one per cent.

TalkSport claim West Ham are keen to sign AZ Alkmaar midfielder Rasmus Elm in January. The Sweden international however is apparently being tracked by a number of clubs.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Paul said...

I think it's fair to say Ilunga lost the confidence of a lot of the fans after the first two games of the season as well. I've got nothing against him, his work rate's ok, he doesn't get in to trouble off the pitch, but his time at West Ham has not worked out well and it's probably best all round that he moves on.

It's worth pointing out that Allardyce has given Piquionne, Faubert and Ilunga a fair shot at proving themselves since he arrived at the club and it seems only Faubert has responded well. Playing in his favoured right-midfield position (rather than right-back) must have helped but he has also worked hard and played well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!