Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Davenport Thought Career Was Over

Calum Davenport has revealed that he is happy and relieved that he will be able to play football again. Davenport broke a bone in his neck in his first game on loan to Watford and at first worried if he would ever walk again.

"I'm definitely going to have a different aspect on everything that I'm doing to be honest," the defender said. I think there was a lot of swelling and bleeding around my neck and obviously I broke a bone.

"It was quite worrying for me, but thankfully I'm still walking because some people don't come through it.

"I'm going to be alright. It's a long road but I'm going to come through it. It's made me a better person. Even in the last two weeks since it happened I look at things differently. I was lying there thinking the worst.

"I'm just thankful that I'm still going to be able to play football which is something I love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!