Monday, February 04, 2008

Di Canio Wants to Manage West Ham

The Daily Mail who last week claimed Parker was out for the rest of the season are now quoting Alan Curbishley as saying that the West Ham midfielder will be back in four to six weeks.

"Contrary to some stories I've seen," said the West Ham manager, "Scott will be back in about four to six weeks. He's had problems with knee injuries but he hasn't been ruled out of the run-in."

The Mail doesn't deem it worthwhile to mention that it was them who made up the story in the first place.


The Daily Mail also quote Paulo Di Canio, who says his dream is to manage West Ham.

"I am going to retire at the end of the season, I'm a little too old to carry on playing so I will take up managing next year. I hope to have the same success as a coach that I did as a player.

"My dream would be to manage in the Premier League because English football is the best in the world and my dream in particular would be to manage at West Ham - that would be perfect.

"I spent four seasons there and I would love to go back and win something with them. The fans are fantastic there and the atmosphere at Upton Park was always so special.

"Every weekend I watch all the English games on TV but I always look out for the West Ham score, I have a special place for them in my heart.

"When I watch the Premier League I am always proud to see players that were young boys when I was at West Ham - I'm talking about Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Trevor Sinclair.

"When I was there they were really young so I saw them grow up into men and players and I am proud to watch them playing at the top level in the Champions League.

"The standard in the Premier League was always good but these players and Jermain Defoe also stand out for me as the best English players."

1 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think there's a chance we can get Di Canio on loan? Can't be much worse than Camara can he?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!