Friday, February 15, 2008

Davenport Will Make Full Recovery

West Ham's head physiotherapist George Cooper says defender Calum Davenport will make a full recovery after breaking his neck while on-loan at Watford.

"I have to complement Watford for the impeccable way they handled it. Calum was lucky to have such a good team around him when it happened," Cooper said.

"The loss of power and pins and needles has now disappeared and he is expected to make a full recovery."


James Collins, on the other hand, is targeting as quick a return as possible from his serious knee injury with surgery due next week. It is hoped that Collins will recover in time to play some part in this summer's pre-season training.


Jack Collison is eyeing a place in the West Ham first team. Collison found himself on the bench last Saturday after Mark Noble was pulled out of the squad at the last moment.

"Nobes pulled out with a tight hamstring and I found out I was on the bench maybe 15 minutes before the game. I was absolutely buzzing and just hoping to get on the pitch, but unfortunately I didn't," Collison said.

"I am really trying to do my best to force my way in. It is hard because the boys are performing really well - especially Hayden [Mullins] and Nobes in midfield, they have been superb. I have just got to wait my chance and keep doing what I am doing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!