Wednesday, July 30, 2008

West Ham to Buy Benayoun?

The Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph are the first of the mainstream newspapers to bite at a rumour that has been floating around for a couple of days. They claim that West Ham have enquired about the availability and price of Yossi Benayoun.

Considering the competition for places down the right hand side at West Ham this rumour seems highly unlikely. The Mail claim Liverpool are desperate for cash, after splashing out for Keane, and still wish to buy Barry. While Curbishley is keen to appease disgruntled Hammers fans by making Benayoun a returning hero.

Again to me that sounds dubious. Curbishley is unlikely to buy a player just to please the fans.



2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a quote from Curbs this morning moaning about injuries and niggles already. It seems he still hasn't gotten the health of players right, looks like he will need to buy and break a few new (or former) players. Sooner he is sacked and someone willing to stand by their results and policies the better.

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with 4.15pm post...I saw the same reports. What a joke, a few friendlies against poor opposition and we are already moaning!!! With this type of attitude, no wonder we wont finish in the top six...imagine having to play in Europe and then the PL a couple of days later!!! Get a manager who wants (and rises) to challenges.

As for Yossi Benayoun - Liverpool and his agent have already denied the story and other papers are already reporting Man City have already out bid us!

The other night I re-watched the final game from the great escape (I know its sad but I miss exciting football and couldn't think of a game from last year I really wanted to watch again). I forgot it was Benayoun who headed clear from our goal line - maybe he had more to offer than we give him credit for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!