Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ashton Out For a Month

Dean Ashton has suffered an ankle injury in Zola's first training session with West Ham. Ashton said of the injury,

"I was just showing the new manager what I do best - get injured"

OK, maybe he didn't. According to The Sun Ashton did say,

"Unfortunately I’ve picked up another injury.

I sprained my ankle in training on Monday and I’m looking at spending the next three to four weeks on the sidelines. I just went over on it. It happens to a lot of players.

It’s not too serious but it will take a few weeks to heal properly. I’m looking at about three weeks and then it’s the international break. Hopefully I’ll be back after that."

Selling Zamora to Fulham when you know both Bellamy and Ashton are likely to miss a lot of the season is already looking like a ridiculous move.

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cant he just jogg it off the big jessie !!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus, stop it about Zamora will you.

1) Zamora expressed he wanted to play more first team football, and was clearly 4th in the pecking order at West Ham.
2) £6 million is too good an offer to turn down for Zamora, end of.
3) Carlton Cole is a better player than Zamora (granted, he doesn't score enough, but Bobby's PL rate is hardly prolific, yes he scores some blinders, but not prolifically).
4) In signing Di Michele, we have signed an experienced and skilful player who has a better touch and better vision than the Z-Man, granted he is unproven at this level.
5) Freddie Sears continues to develop well, and will only get better.

I don't think selling the Z-Man was a bad or foolish move at all.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive had enough of fat boy ashton quality player but he dont graft and is a hyperconriac<--spelt wrong im sure but give me zamora any day of the week west ham through and through, oh also by the way sack the board, these clowns are up on our club for buying and selling players and this mug is making a joke of our club why should attempt to bail out a poxy little airline in our name . i hate it right now it aint west ham anymore

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

@Anonymous 2 - I agree with what you say - I should have written that it was a big mistake not to have spent some of the transfer money gained this summer on another striker.

I hope you are right about Di Michele.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!