Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Carr to Get Testimonial

Yesterday the West Ham official website announced that Tony Carr is to be given a testimonial.

Tony Carr is director of the Academy at West Ham and has given 36 years of long and outstanding service to the club. Carr began as an apprentice at the club in the 1960s.

West Ham CEO, Scott Dubury said,

"Tony Carr fully deserves to have a testimonial and I am sure all of our fans would agree that this is long overdue. He is an institution at West Ham United and rightly holds a special place in the club's history."

A golf day is to be held in May with further events including a special match and gala evening in his honour in the pipeline for the coming months.

Tony Carr said of the news,

"This is a really fantastic award and I would like to thank the board and especially Scott Duxbury and Nick Igoe for granting me this testimonial. I have spent nearly all my working life at West Ham United and I am very pleased that they have rewarded me for my service to the club.

"I have many targets still to achieve at West Ham but this testimonial will be a welcome distraction during this coming year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!