Monday, February 22, 2010

Faubert on his Return to Form

Julien Faubert has really turned his game around this season and his recent performances have definitely contributed to West Ham's current good form.

Faubert says that part of this transformation is due to having undergone fitness training in Italy,

"I have been waiting a long time for that goal. Maybe it's a surprise that I haven't scored before. Mentally and physically I am on top of my game now, because I can get forward more now. I am at my best level now."

"I was overweight. I worked hard on my fitness last summer. I have worked hard to keep my weight careful. My wife Pamela booked me a week at Merano in Italy, where we went and I did some fitness work.

"I lost five or six kilos and had a good pre-season. It has worked out. She likes it when I play regularly because I come home happy."


Olympic Stadium Move

Olympics minister Tessa Jowell and Sebastian Coe have both insisted in the last week that the 2012 Olympics Stadium must remain an athletics stadium after the Olympics.

Strangely David Gold has interpreted this as an indication that the stadium doesn't have to have an athletics legacy after the games.

Speaking to Radio 5 Gold said,

"I'm sensing an easing of the stance that it should be a legacy to athletics," said the Hammers co-owner.

"We have to be more pragmatic. Do we want to have a stadium like we have at Crystal Palace which just deteriorated and rotted away because it wasn't sustainable?

One other possibility is to abandon the athletic idea altogether and maybe build a small athletics stadium that can be used forever

"We believe there is a serious possibility that we could strike a deal that would take West Ham to the Olympic Stadium. If that can be done, we would have a super stadium that could take the club to the next level."

"One other possibility is to abandon the athletic idea altogether and maybe build a small athletics stadium that can be used forever," he said.

"Not as an Olympic athletics stadium but a regional stadium with seating facility commensurate to their requirements which would be about 5,000."

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous TBI said...

Agree but they need to sort out Upton Park tube station and extend the East Stand upwards.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.........and fill in the corners.
no6

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!