Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm Back

I got a very late booking to the Open Championship at St Andrews, so I have been away for a week. Following Sod's Law whilst I was away West Ham actually signed some players.

Of the two signings Pablo Barrera looks to be the most promising. Barrera has two good feet, pace and can score. Lets just hope he adjusts to the Premier League quickly. Frederic Piquionne is a less exciting proposition but does have experience of the Premier League and provides West Ham with reasonable cover up front.

Avram Grant obviously knows Piquionne well. Whilst I haven't been overly impressed with the little I've seen of the striker I'm willing to concede that Avram Grant knows the player and the game a lot better than I do.

For the last week I've been completely out of touch with news at West Ham. In the announcement of Barrera's signing the club said that they would also announce the signings of two more players in the next few hours. However the Piquionne signing was the only one to emerge.

West Ham obviously were very close to signing someone else. I'm guessing it must have been Remy. Some of you must know who we missed out on.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piquionne wants to do a job for west ham and will be an improvement on what we ve had upfront in recent years

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Jameson78 said...

It was Ben Haim I think. We were ready too sign him and he apparently failed a medical. Other reports suggest he upped his wage demands at the last miinute and we pulled the plug on the deal. Either way, happy if we don't get him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!