Saturday, October 23, 2010

Slide Tackle the Referee

Avram Grant says he may have to ask the West Ham players to hassle the referee if they keep giving decisions against the team. Grant is presumably upset at Piquionne's winning goal at Wolves being disallowed for handball.

"I don't want to think it's because my players are behaving well and not jumping on the referees and we on the bench are sporting. But it is affecting us. There are so many decisions going against us.

"If I think the other team has an advantage because of this, I will try. I always say to the players I like them when they are nice and positive, come to the pitch and you need to give everything.

"I am following the situation now. It is not my way to say, 'Scott Parker, next time slide-tackle the referee'. But I will think about this if I see it continue."


The Daily Mirror and The Daily Mail both have almost identical team reports before today's game. They say that Matthew Upson is pushing for a return to action against Newcastle after missing West Ham's draw at Wolves last weekend with a neck strain.

Defender Manuel Da Costa has been training all week and is available for selection after being released on police bail following his arrest on suspicion of sexual assault.

Winger Pablo Barrera and defender Winston Reid are back in contention after being rested last week following their return from international duty.

The Guardian's team report includes some predicted dates for the recovery of West Ham's injured players:

Collison (knee, 6 Nov), Hines (knee, 6 Nov), Hitzlsperger (thigh, Feb)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!