Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nolan Signs for West Ham

Kevin Nolan has signed with West Ham from Newcastle for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be around £4 million).

The 28 year old midfielder has signed on a five year contract. Nolan said on joining West Ham,

"It's been a bit of a whirlwind, but obviously once I knew that they wanted me, they have shown a certain hunger and desire to make sure I become a West Ham player," said Nolan.

"Having the chance to link up with Sam again is a massive thing and obviously coming to such a massive club is great for me. I'm very sad to leave Newcastle but I'm coming to another massive club in my eyes and hopefully I can start off and be as successful as I was there.

"I came to West Ham because of the tradition of the club and everything about it. I've always enjoyed playing here and there was also the chance of linking up with Sam and working with him again.

"The be all and end all was that the club actually wanted me and the owners put faith in me and have given me a security of contract. Now it's my time to repay them and hopefully I will do that."

4 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Paul said...

This is a great signing. I doubt there's a better player available to replace Parker.

We've seen with the first two transfers that Allardyce is making the decisions on players which is good to see. Persuading Nolan to drop down a division shows how he can attract players to the club. He's being going for the right positions as well - central defence and central midfield, along with reports that we're going for Ricardo Gardner at left back. This fills the gaps between Tomkins and Spence in defence (I hope Allardyce plays both of them) and Noble and Collison in midfield (ditto).

I hope Sears figures prominently in Allardyce's plans and the next signing is a striker.

COYI !

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't "overchuffed" (thanks Carlton, bye bye) with the appointment of Big Sam, however, it certainly seems that he can attract the calibre of player that we have been missing for so long. Keep up the good work Sam.

Disgusted with Ba !!!!!

Think we should also sign NRC on a free and make him cut the grass.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is NRC?

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha Nigel Reo Coker - He is a good player mate. Id love to see him back at the club and prove his worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!