Friday, July 07, 2006

West Ham New Signing A Future International

Tyrone Mears' former Preston boss Billy Davies claims that the defender could soon become an England player. Davies said in February that Mears has the quality to "go international in the next two years or there's something seriously wrong". Tellingly Mears' signing included a clause that means PNE receive more money from the deal if and when Mears plays for England.

Mears' statement to the official West Ham web site confirms that he is an ambitious player,

"I finished the season with Preston and knew that I really needed to move on to a Premiership club for my career to progress. There were a few clubs who showed an interest in signing me but, as soon as I heard that West Ham had made an enquiry, there was only one place I wanted to go.

You look at West Ham now and the squad is full of young, talented British players. I've seen the likes of Danny Gabbidon and Nigel Reo-Coker step up from the lower divisions and prove themselves as top-class Premiership players, and that is the ambition I have for myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!