Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Faubert Points to Holes in West Ham Training

Julien Faubert has pointed to holes in West Ham's tactical preparation for games and hinted that Giovanni Trapattoni may be on the way to Upton Park.

“I have a person at the club who speaks French and helps me with the translation and he is Italian and speaks to me about [Trapattoni’s possible arrival],” the French winger said.

"He would be a huge boost for our tactics because we have gaps in that area of the game, on the defending and positioning aspects.

“His arrival is possible, it is up in the air. I don’t know if it will happen or not.”

“For the moment only bad things happened to me, first the injury, then the robbery. It was difficult, especially when you move to a new club, but it is part of the past and I am looking for better days.

“Being a starter is the next objective, but I have to pass stage after stage. I have been waiting for six months so I can wait for a few more weeks. I am not at my top form yet so I won’t risk being stupidly injured again.

“They do everything upside down and everything is different here and the league can’t be compared to the French one.

“They fight for every ball and the refs don’t whistle often. Then, the games are much quicker, they are not focused on tactics at all, there is no time to rest.

“You arrive at the stadium an hour before the game, contrary to in France where you are away with the team in a hotel a night before.

“It shows you if you are a professional or not because you are your own boss. It’s up to you to eat well, to drink enough, and to rest to be ready on D-day.

We rarely speak tactics at training. It’s only based on little games and since I’ve been here we have just done two tactical training sessions, we just do games, try to play in little spaces with everybody in the front.

“They had ideas about French players so they tested me when I arrived; kindly kicked me (laughs). What is good here is that they kick you, then you kick them, but nobody complains, it’s just part of the game.

“Honestly, you have to be physically strong; everybody is big in my team, apart from the small strikers. They don’t like cry babies, players who stay on the grass. You have to accept being kicked and give it back to them.

“It’s their game and if it happened at training in France it would finish in brawls, but here the mentality is different.

“I think that we haven’t been lucky from the start of the season because many players have been injured, a lot of recruits have been injured, but players are starting to come back, Craig Bellamy for example.

“I think that we can qualify for a European cup, that is the club’s aim. I think that we can do it.

“They want to create a new training centre and within two or three years to create a new stadium a little less big than Emirates Stadium but the same kind.”

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger portugal said...

interesting that he commented on need for more work to be done on positioning and defensive tactics.
you can t disagree with that ,looking at how many goals we have conceded from set pieces ,and how many times we ve conceded on the stroke of halftime or at the end of a game. he s got trousers for saying this publicly,as i imagine curbishley won t appreciate hearing what he said.

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting that he is making the same kinds of comments Florent Malouda made a few months ago but in a less abrasive manner, i guess.

there isn't one issue he spoke about that should not be addressed but i think that goes for West Ham as for most of the other premiere league teams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!