Thursday, June 05, 2008

Dean Ashton Signs Five Year West Ham Deal

Dean Ashton has signed a new five year deal with West Ham. Hopefully this will stem the rumours linking Ashton with other clubs.

Ashton said of his new deal,

"I am delighted. I said all along that I wanted to sign. I feel I have still got a lot to show the football club and the fans. I am really happy that I have signed and now I can look forward to next season.

"It is a fantastic way to end the season for me. It is not going to be on my mind and now with a five-year contract, the future is here. I said I wanted to stay at the end of the season and I am really glad it has been done so professionally and sorted now."

West Ham United Chief Executive Scott Duxbury said,

"I am delighted that we have agreed this new contract with Dean. It underlines the ambition of the club to progress and challenge at the top end of the Premier League. Dean is an important part of our plans for the new season and beyond. We are looking forward to seeing him scoring plenty of goals for West Ham United in the future."

As is custom West Ham did not reveal the details of the deal. However yesterday's Sun speculated that Ashton would be given a deal of £50,000 a week.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, he is still very young so i think this could be a great move for the club and it is great that he states clearly that he wants to be here.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it s very positive for all concerned that this got done as smoothly as it did. This is a step in the right direction in terms of teh owner showing he s serious about building something. I think it also puts paid to the idea that he won t spend. He will spend, but in the manner he sees fit, and at the pace he thinks is appropriate. And to be fair, u can t really blame him.

we ve dodged a bullet here, a slosing ashton wud have sent precisely the wrong message.

g portugal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!