Thursday, July 31, 2008

Curbs Dismisses Dismissal Talk

The Daily Mail say West Ham and Man City are after Nancy's Michael Chretien. However as The Daily Mail's approach to football reporting seems to be to pick a player at random and then say that West Ham and Man City are keen to buy him I don't hold much stall with this. Besides Chretien plays right back or right midfield and I'm fairly sure Curbishley isn't looking for players in those positions.

Alan Curbishley has dismissed the bookies' claims that he is the favourite to be the first manager sacked this season,

I’m not a gambling man so I won’t take too much notice of it,” said Curbishley of his unwanted status. “I had 15 years when I was the outsider [to be sacked] at Charlton so I’ve just got to get on with it. I’ve been here 18 months and I’ve yet to pick my best team or what I would consider to be my best team.

“Last year we just had to get on with it and people have underestimated what we did last year. That’s life and it’s part and parcel of football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!