Thursday, July 31, 2008

Young Hammers Speak

Anton Ferdinand says all the pre-season talk of him leaving West Ham has not affected his preparation for the new season with West Ham,

“I'm under contract and I love playing for the club. Now I'm just concentrating on getting fit for and looking forward to the start of the season.

Speaking after West Ham's 2-0 win over Peterborough, Ferdinand also praised West Ham's front line,

We need Craig Bellamy to stay fit because he is looking really sharp and took his goals well. But Carlton Cole also looked very good and they played well together.

“Of course there is also Dean Ashton, who missed the game because of illness, so from our point of view, the front line is looking really strong going into the new season.”


Mark Noble, a regular in the England Under-21 team, says he wants to break into the England team this year,

My main aim this season is to break into the England set up, that’s what I want and hopefully I can achieve that,” said Noble. “I want to establish myself but I’m still learning and still growing and hopefully I can really push on this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!